Today we did the tourist thing and discovered Dublin. Turns out that Dublin is following the trend of the rest of the world by having many Irish pubs, except they just call them pubs here.
First a walking tour with Brendan
 |
| Trinity College |
and then the Viking tour with the DUKW, where we got to dress up as real Vikings and shout at the Celts.
 |
| Candid shot I took of a couple of dorky tourists |
 |
| U2 recording studio but where is Bozo |
But best of all was the Connoisseur tour of the Guinness brewery, a kind of beer theme park, where we were taken into a special bar and tasted 4 different varieties of the stuff and then instructed on how to pour a pint of the black stuff-a very jolly affair, followed by our complimentary pint on the roof of the brewery.
Pub dinner where I got to try my first genuine Irish Stew-just think I have been giving all those gristly off cuts of meat to the dogs all these years and putting all those inedible bits of vegetable into the compost.
No comments:
Post a Comment