Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Goodbye Venice, Hello Dublin

Early start to take photos of almost deserted Venice.





Then by water taxi to airport






where we luxuriate in the Marco Polo lounge-roused by the final call announcement and discovering a huge queue through passport control. manage a chat and cut and move to the front of the queue. Then lose boarding pass but clever hostie finds inside passport. Exotic menu on Air Linctus includes traditional Irish staples such as potato crisp sandwich on white processed bread. Fortunately had foresight to buy prociutto and mozarella panini at Venice airport.
Arrive safely at Dublin airport-ask taxi driver what is traditional Irish cuisine-he thinks long and hard and finally comes up with"potatoes and cabbage" -OH THE HORROR,THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!
It turns out the Dublin food scene has improved since I was last here in 1980, when I was asked whether I wanted chips or rice with my Chinese meal!
Found the tweed shop I visited in 1980 and bought myself a cap.
Fortunately we have a reservation at Patrick Gilbaud, Ireland's only 2 Michelin starred restaurant, where we have a spectacular repast.

No comments:

Post a Comment